(Kuala Lumpur & Selangor, Malaysia)
We are looking for someone who wants to be a part of a rapidly-growing company working with the latest open source technologies. You understand how working with great people makes you better. You want to work for a company that is going somewhere and doing something.
V.NET is an established, open-source driven company. We are seeking enthusiastic system engineers at all levels. We provide services to our customers; software development, consulting, training, and architectural solutions on everything from enterprise systems to mobile applications. We work with a diverse clientele that includes SMEs, GLCs and Government Sectors. You will have the opportunity to work with highly regarded open source industry veterans and some of the most well known open source vendors in the industry. We are NOT a staffing company. We hire full time and part-time employees.
We pride ourselves on NOT being a job shop. Our value is our talent; we appreciate your skills, your work, and your achievements. We offers:-
- Benefits (Employer paid health and dental insurance, medical benefits, performance & project bonus, paid holidays and time off, etc.)
- Casual office dress code, for onsite engagements business casual attire
- Condusive work environment with flexible working hour
- Opportunities to travel nationally and internationally
- Opportunities to expand your knowledge and be published and syndicated in technical journals
- Company-issued laptops run on Linux (with other operating systems in VMs if needed)
- Candidate must be fully authorized to work in Malaysia by the start date
Our ideal candidate is local talent and staying nearby to one of our R&D center in UPM-MTDC, Serdang, Selangor and has:-
- Interest in learning and using the latest technologies
- Ability to interact and develop a rapport with clients
Responsibilities : –
- Responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure
- Develop and execute testing plans to ensure configuration changes, software upgrades, and patches are thoroughly tested and documented in the test environment before being implemented in production
- Build and maintain test, development, QA, and production environments to support the application life cycle
- Provide guidance for security best practices
- Develop and execute plans for monitoring of all systems and applications in the production environment to ensure optimum system performance and availability
- Perform regular monitoring and evaluate system environment to ensure system capacity is in line with the corporate demand for services
- Participate in the successful transition of services to support staff
- Research and report industry trends in applications, security, and system maintenance to ensure the system is meeting standards for performance, functionality, security, and reliability
- Provide training for clients and support staff to ensure proper deliverables and maintenance of deployed systems
- Serve as the escalation point for 24×7 support
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Intern – 0-1 years of experience (our goal for interns is to work up to a Technical Executive position)
- Junior System Engineer – 1-2 years of experience (you still must demonstrate basic competence with the technologies listed below)
- System Engineer – 3-4 years of experience
- Senior System Engineer – 8+ years of experience
- Open Source; Linux or any other UNIX system – Administration.
- Microsoft Windows and other Microsoft Technology – Administration
- Computing System; NAS, SAN, Clusters, HPCC, Cloud, Virtualization, VDI, micro-computing and computing hardware components
- Experience in IT project management; project planning, project coordination and project documentation.
- Knowledge in programming – Open Source Technology; PHP, Python, Ruby, any etc.
- Server Scripting e.g Perl, TCL, Linux Shell
- Software Engineering experience and exposure
- Knowledge of Internet Security
- Knowledge in computing system design, assembly and integration
To apply :-
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org